Sunday 18 September 2016

Vancouver


It's such a lovely feeling, arriving into a major city with a bike in a bike box, to start a big adventure, knowing there is someone there to pick you up at the airport. Thanks Kevin. Much appreciated.
My bike box has been lost on the previous 3 bike trips (Germany, Colombia and Morocco) but voila, there it was at the oversized baggage carousel in Vancouver airport.
I was spending the weekend with my cousin Kevin and his wife of one year, Helen. I had never met Helen and hadn't seen Kevin for about 14 years we guessed.
Thanks guys for the warm welcome and the 5 star hotel service.

My cousin Kevin and his wife hosted me in their city centre pad.
After building up the bike (Sherpa) which went surprisingly smoothly. I headed off to explore the 3rd most liveable city in the world (according to The Economist Index 2015). I did need Kevin and his trusty toolbox to help with the front pannier racks, which I had never used before. (Thanks Kev).


A spot of sea kayaking before work in downtown Vancouver.
Mindy hard at work laminating my US map. Thanks!!
Great to have a big room to sort out 'my mess'. 
Hard to leave... but I need to get this show on the road.






1 comment:

  1. Loving the blog. Onwards and upwards. Like that you can put comments under each photo. Buen viaje. Mags

    ReplyDelete